cookies-varning

torsdag 22 maj 2014

Tantive IV unboxing

As some of you know I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I'm also very fond of games, so Fantasy Flight's X-wing Miniatures game is right up my alley. One of my favourite ships from the Original Trilogy is Princess Leia's ship Tantive IV that is captured by an Imperial Star Destroyer at the beginning of A New Hope.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Originally called just "Rebel Blockade Runner" it was ret-conned to be a Corellian Corvette going by the name Tantive IV. (I wonder what happened to Tantives I-III?) Anyway it arrived in local shops yesterday and I had to pick one up immediately. Everyone was surprised that it turned up right on the heels of the Rebel Transport that have been delayed for some time. So suddenly there were two ships to buy, and I naturally bought the biggest one first. Enough talking, I did an unboxing video which you can see right after the break.


First the unboxing:


This was actually the third time I opened it. The first time was right after buying it. The second time was when I did an unboxing video last night, but it turned out crap so I made a new one. But I never took it out of the plastic container until now.

And finally a size comparison of the assembled ship with a couple of other ships:


It was quite expensive, but I think some people would pay more for a ship like this to use just as a static display model. This is actually a gaming piece which will radically change the way you can play X-wing. So what are you waiting for, just go out and buy yours now. Admit you want one too. Search your feelings, you know it is true.

May the Force be with You.

6 kommentarer:

  1. That's a fantastic looking model! All of the starships in Star Wars were fantastic but this one, and the rebel medical frigate from Empire, were my favourites. Thanks for the review!

    SvaraRadera
  2. You'll have to bring it to our next game. Just so we can drool

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes... if we do an X-wing gaming day... otherwise it's too big to lug around just for show.

      Radera
  3. Agreed. It is a beauty, as is the Nebulon-B Frigate.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Svar
    1. I'm not sure. The smaller ships are all 1:270th scale, but for the "huge" ships, Fantasy Flight is using a sliding ratio meaning that the larger the ship, the smaller the scale. I would hazard it as somewhere around 1:400 - 1:450. I can measure it and calculate it exactly when I'm at home.

      Radera

Wayland games

Wayland Games